With everyone upping their "selfie game" with various color correcting, strobing, contouring and non-touring techniques, we are forgetting the first step in being beautiful. Having a smooth, healthy, canvas to put all of that paint on. For all of you beauty new comers out there, let me break it down for you.
In order for your make up to go on smooth and look it's sexy best, you must have smooth skin. You can pile on the primers, heavy coverage, media filters etc. But, you are actually exacerbating the problem. To optimize your beauty filter's performance, you must filter all of the toxins out of your skin. Be it whether the toxins manifest themselves in the form of acne, blackheads, whiteheads etc. You must find a skin care regimen that works for your skin type.
Most skin care regimens are made up of three main parts:
Now, when you go into the store to purchase these items, you will find that you have to choose from, not just the different brands, but also the different skin types. The main skin types are:
- Sensitive Skin - skin that can't tolerate a lot of different chemicals & breaks out easily.
- Normal Skin - skin that doesn't generally have many issues, not too oily nor too dry.
- Combination Skin - skin that is mostly oily around the nose, cheeks and/or forehead.
- Oily Skin - skin that is acne prone, has blackheads, whiteheads, sebum overproduction etc.
- Dry/Mature Skin - thirsty skin that can't get enough moisture.